Re: KNode: searching through articles

__/ [Timothy Murphy] on Thursday 15 December 2005 14:28 \__

> I find the search facility in KNode completely useless;
> whatever I search for comes up empty.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the way it works?

There are two types of searches:

1. Intra-article search, also knows as search/Find (CTRL+F) or Find in
Article

2. Search entire newsgroups, which usually (in my case) goes by the name
Search Articles.

Feature (2) is probably what you are after. I find it to be rather poor as
well, so it could certainly benefit from some further work. It can only
search within one group at a time if I recall correctly. Also, it only
narrows down the number of posts displayed based on which ones contain the
string sought. It does now, however, flag in any way the position of the
matches or sort anything by relevance.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
  4:45pm  up 4 days 23:53,  6 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.30, 0.54