Re: TWM at startup - why not KDE?

__/ [Richard Müller] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 16:43 \__

> I have a Suse 9.3 running with KDE 3.4.0 with automatic login. But since
> yesterday there is a TWM login-screen. I first have to login (root or user
> - same behaviour) on this screen, after that KDE is invoked. I have changed
> the Samba- and NFS-settings yesterday, but in no means the windowmanager.
> I'm totally confused, I want to get rid of the TWM login screen. How?
>
> Thanks for helping - Richard

I  have  the same problem. Since a major YaST Online Update, I  have  been
having the same problem. At first, I was getting TWN as my default windows
manager.  I had no option for changing that either, not in any GUI anyway.
I  managed  to get that fixed by messing about with kdm, simply  following
the instructions in:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/kdm/

I still have that grey stripped-down login screen. Luckily, I never volun-
tarily  reboot so I tend to forget about it. Other than that, it is  worth
resolving.  The  KDE login manager worked fine until the updates, which  I
believe included some kernel patched if not a version leap.

Hope this add something...