Re: Handy Yahoo tool

__/ [Paul] on Wednesday 21 December 2005 12:16 \__

> Hi guys and dolls

I prefer "boys and girls", but to each his/her own. *smile*

> Just found this little tool which could be handy for some.
> http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/
>
> plh
> Paul

How is that better than:

http://www.archive.org/

?

It  will  be interesting to see if/when search engines begin to use  their
extensive  cache to deliver content faster than some slow sites. Yes, much
like a mirror/scraper.

They  could  actually use their proxies effectively enough to have  people
prefer  surfing via the 'giants'. Our Web servers will only be feeding the
crawlers.  That  bogs down to that prediction I read about last year,  ac-
cording  to  which we'll just submit our sites (the article said "send  to
Google")  rather  than publish them. Google's Web accelerator  immediately
springs to mind. *sigh*

Look at the bright side. Google Analytics can still deliver us some
statistics in return, acting as a kind of intermediatery 'agent'.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:30pm  up 10 days 21:41,  6 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.60, 0.37