Re: Bad Hosting Company

__/ [GameWyrd] on Friday 23 December 2005 17:03 \__

> Stacey wrote:
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> <snip>
>>
>> > I  am sorry to hear about your experience, Stacey. I came to Catalyst2
>> > af- ter getting a recommendation from a client. I had (still have) less
>> > fortu- nate experiences with some host in San Diego. In my defence, it
>> > was not me who chose them. Word of mouth is always most valued.
>>
>> Thanks Roy. I have several hosting companies and usually never had a
>> problem until now. That is why I cancelled after a week.;-) I needed a
>> more value hosting and seller plan so which is why I was looking. I keep
>> my other hosts as it is always good to store sites on other hostings and
>> IP's.:-)
>>
>> Stacey
>
> I really do think there are only a few hosting options:
>
> For cost effective hosting it must simply be: www.fasthosts.co.uk.
> If you're a small or home office or planning to run lots of sites then
> you need someone as low cost as this and yet big enough to look after
> you.
>
> If you're looking for something robust and dedicated then, again, it
> must be: www.rackspace.co.uk (or .com if you're in the US).
> Once again you have a brand you can trust and staff support.

Oh, these are the folks that run Netcraft! I immediately recognised the name,
but they appear to be huge. Best uptime statistics service bar none.

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/netblock?q=UK-RACKSPACE-20040816,83.138.128.0,83.138.191.255

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
  5:05pm  up 13 days  0:16,  7 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.51, 0.66