Re: Dead LifeDrive

__/ [Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren] on Saturday 24 December 2005 11:02 \__

> Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren <roffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> my newly aquired LifeDrife sort of froze - so I did a reset, and now
>> when I start it it never gets past the splash screen.
>
> fascinating.
>
> suddenly I was able to do a hard reset.  and as a bonus, it suddenly is
> able to connect to our wireless network and not just our neighbor's.

It's a Christmas miracle! *smile*

> but why did the mp3 files survive the reset, and neither the downloaded
> apps, Office documents, or images?  what's the use of the hard drive if
> it doesn't store anything?

A hard reset with data loss, I presume. A soft reset if usually the better
solution. It is also worthwhile to back up your data and installed programs
regularly. Restoration is then just a snap.

Enjoy the holiday,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:50am  up 15 days 14:01,  12 users,  load average: 0.59, 0.69, 0.84