Re: Palm Z22 alarm sounds: damned quiet!

__/ [Ian Rawlings] on Sunday 25 December 2005 20:42 \__

> My sister got a Palm Z22 for xmas and I was helping her set it up
> today, when I noticed that the alarm sounds were impossibly quiet even
> on the loudest setting.  There's no way you could hear those even in a
> quiet room unless the thing was in your hand.  No vibrate feature
> either to compensate.  I did a quick google and it seems they're all
> like that.  Does anyone know of a way around this other than drilling
> a hole in the case, e.g. is it just a software glitch or is it totally
> crap hardware?

If  the  alarm is too quiet, make a habit of placing the Palm in front  of
you  (her).  The brightly lit-display and sometimes the blinking  LED  are
prominent enough to draw one's attention. I often rely on the vibrate fea-
ture  of  my Tungsten because sound is fscked altogether. That  headphones
jack has poor connectivity and I am not alone in this...

Enjoy the holiday!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
  6:55am  up 15 days 14:06,  12 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.52, 0.72