Re: Creating a HTML download page

  • Subject: Re: Creating a HTML download page
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:55:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Todd Cary] on Saturday 31 December 2005 16:27 \__

> I want to provide a way for the user to download a file by just using
> HTML.  I often see download pages where there is a choice of FTP or
> HTML.  Is there an example of this on the Web?  Will I need some PHP or
> JavaScript to do this?
>
> Thank you....

Here's an example:

http://othellomaster.com/OM-5.html

If you have a host that runs FTP daemons, make use of them. You can set up
(enable rather) an FTP server and then simply link to it, possibly including
the path and authentication details (if not anonymous access). The content
typically goes under public_ftp in your home directory assuming Apache.

Best wishes,