Re: Full Site Indexing

  • Subject: Re: Full Site Indexing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:49:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Alexander Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my site http://www.citypics.ws was visited by Google now already several
> times (last yesterday), however a site search
> (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acitypics.ws) still only shows
> three entries, where actually only one applies to the site (the second
> belongs to a subdomain and the third is not even a valid link at all -
> no idea where it got it from).
>
> Does anyone have an explanation for that?

I can see 3 results, all of which work and appear like concrete pages. There
is also a fourth results (included but omitted by default).

It seems to be doing something sensible. What did you expect? The fourth
result gives the index. At some stage, I am sure your index will be listed
on top (unless the forum is more popular). It is maybe too early for things
to make sense.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com