Re: Wireless mouse in an Aircraft

  • Subject: Re: Wireless mouse in an Aircraft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:57:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
©olin wrote:

> "Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "©olin" <colin@TakeAway.colbing.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >I need to buy a mouse for my laptop. Is it permitted to use a wireless
>> >mouse
>> > inside an aircraft, or should I go for a USB cable mouse?
>> > thanks,
>> > Colin
>>
>> err yes of course its permitted so are mobile phones etc
>>

> You say "of course"? I seem to remember comments about interference with
> navigation equipment etc. I certainly remember a steward saying, after
> landing, not to switch on mobile phones until the aircraft was stationary.
> I was just wondering if wireless mice, with short range and perhaps
> different frequencies, came into the same category as mobile phones.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Whether your wireless mouse can crash the plane or not, the flight
attendants will not permit you to use it. The videos that they show at the
start specificly mention cordless mice as a risk factor.

To say more on the issue, flight attendants have developed a phobia for
anything that is technological. They will most likely ask you not to use a
Palm, an iPod or a digital video player. They cut you some slack only after
takeoff and before landing.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com