Re: problems running command line gimp in Windows

  • Subject: Re: problems running command line gimp in Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:14:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
wrybread@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm new to gimp, very glad to have found it. But I'm having some
> problems running from the command line in Windows XP. Whenever I add a
> switch, the command fails.
>
> So for example, this works:
>
> gimp-2.2.exe
>
> But if I add any switch, for exmaple -h, nothing happens:
>
> gimp-2.2.exe -h
>
> Am I missing something really obvious? Any have any ideas?

Command-line arguments must have been disabled for the Windows version. I
can think of many conflicts that would arise if they had this supported in
Windows -- that is -- if they had not hand-crafted something for Win32. The
GIMP is a GNU project so I assume extra maintenance of the Windows port is
discarded.

Have you tried '/' instead of '-'?

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com