Re: Synching with 2 PCs

  • Subject: Re: Synching with 2 PCs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:44:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
jm7 wrote:

> I have a Palm Treo and 2 PCs that is synchs with.  When I hot sync with PC
> 1 and then do another hotsync with PC2 - the ALTERNATE hotsyncs always
> take a
> very long time.  Hot syncs on the same PC are always quick as you know.
>
> Is there some way of tricking the PALM into thinking that it is SYNCing
> with
> the same PC?  Perhaps just copy a particular file that is involved in the
> hotsync process?

have you tried forcing HotSync to always go in one direction? For example,
have you considered setting HotSync Manager to "handheld overwrites
desktop"? I am not sure it would 'blind' HotSync to the fact that two
computers exist, but it might do the trick. You then need to be cautious
and observant whenever editing your data in Palm Desktop. You can always
change the HoySync settings without affecting the default configuration.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com