Re: Flexibility and Soreness

  • Subject: Re: Flexibility and Soreness
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:30:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: free.uk.health+fitness
The Crow wrote:

> Hi.
> I have been working out regularly, but at a relatively low level.  I have
> gained some body mass however, and now find myself feeling stiff and
> clunky
> around the shoulders in particular.  I think my flexibility is inhibited
> and
> therefore that my stretching routines must be inadequate.  Any good ideas
> on
> where to go to find good information on flex/stretch routines?  Thanks.

You forgot to mention what type of exercise is involved. If you lift weight,
then expect muscles to become sore, especially if workouts are a recent
routine. Stretching will not be the cure for sore or stiff muscles, neither
before not after the workout.

You might be able to get relieving products like substances that reduce the
soreness at the region where they are applied. I think they are commonly
used on joints after surgery or when a part of your body gets swollen due
to injury.

As for flexibility exercise, try the search engines as I am sure you will
find many comprehensive tutorials on the subject with visual illustrations.

Good Luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com