Re: Google Stock Sinks on Slow Revenue Growth

  • Subject: Re: Google Stock Sinks on Slow Revenue Growth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:52:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
www.1-script.com wrote:

> Merlin Shepherd wrote:
>
>> SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc. shares continued to tumble Friday amid
>> disappointment over slowed revenue growth at the online search engine
>> leader
>> even as second-quarter profit more than quadrupled.
>
> The phrase above is amazing! You can never please a shareholder (or news
> person that reported on this, anyways). Quadrupled profit not enough?
> What's enough? 25 times? Somebody definitely craves for dumb money of the
> 90s bubble.

I imagine that much of the increased profit is due to advertisements
(obvious), but don't forget that in order to penetrate the market, Google
had to be 'kind' and therefore made more modest earnings.

Have a look at the history of GOOG and you will realise that this is nothing
but a fluctuation. What an idiotic article to write about a mere drop. Good
quarterly report often result in drops even when all is very optimistic.
IBM, HP and Microsoft come to mind as practical examples I can recall.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com