Re: how can they be allways number 1 ?

  • Subject: Re: how can they be allways number 1 ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:57:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Charly wrote:

> I have noticed that there are a few sites (of my business interest of
> course) that are allways in top 3 in google, yahoo, msn... even after
> dances, change of algos and so on.
> Do you think there is a reason different from good seo ? What do you think
> ? Did you notice similar things ?
> Do they pay to stay at top position... and how much ???? 1000.000.000.000
> dollars ???
> :-)

You can in principle 'buy' good position by getting listed in Yahoo
directories and purchasing links from related (in the outrageous cases even
unrelated) businesses. It's no secret that good positions can cost money,
especially for 'commercial' SERP's where big sums of money are involved,
e.g. lawyers, hosts, IT consultants, Music shops, books and so forth. On
the contrary, you also have SERP's that will not attract people whose
wallet is out on the desk, adjacent to the mouse pad.

If you say what SERP's you keep your eyes on, the group will be able to
explain  how or why these 3 competitors get listed at the top. There are
tools for checking that quickly and providing you with an answer. Some
people here also have plenty of experience; unfortunately I am not among
them. *frown* [PING BILL]

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com