Re: google dance tool...

  • Subject: Re: google dance tool...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:28:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
www.1-script.com wrote:

> Charly wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>> I have visited some sites with google dance tools.
>> Does it still make sense ?
>> I have noticed that in the 2 last weeks I went from pos 2 to 18.
>> On the google dance tool I am still (again) on pos 2. What does it mean
>> in
>> your eyes ?
>
> Dancing with Google ;-) only makes sense if you are for some reason
> watching it closely for up to the hour SERPs. In the long run though it
> does not matter: the new SERPs are going to spread across the datacenters,
> and you will know what your actual stable SERP is, which will define your
> traffic. The extra traffic or the lack thereof DURING the dance is
> negligible and does not justify the time spent watching it. I mean, it's
> pretty amusing watching it taking turns to high or low, but there are much
> more useful activities you can engage in. Like dancing with your
> significant other instead ;-)

Dnaces are only significant if you aim for a term like "Window$ Vista"
shortly after its announcement, in which case the SERP is highly
competitive, volatile and will possess great potential for high traffic.

Watching dances is wasteful. Likewise submitting pages to search engines,
checking for PageRank updates, images indexed and reverse links, which only
get updated periodically. If you can't help checking, use pigeons:

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

Or just custom-build a cron job...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com