Re: Status 301 and 304

Spamhuntress wrote:

> In my haste, I made a few wrong conclusions here. First of all, the 301
> status code, which we don't see too often, is "moved permanently", not
> 304 "not modified". So it's my server that sends the second request,
> not the other way around. The bot only asks for the files by all small
> caps, and the software (the wiki) ensures the request goes to the right
> file.
>
> Sorry for the confusion...

It was still useful to find out about these patterns of IP addresses. I have
no clue why such network addresses have interest in fairly random pages and
why they refuse to request for pages whose address is valid.

Some other IP's that violate uppercase-lowercase conventions (only a few
times a week) are automated guestbook spammers.

Thanks again,