Re: Screensaver avoider

  • Subject: Re: Screensaver avoider
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 05:59:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
Victor Delta wrote:

> Does anyone know of a small utility (preferably freeware) which will
> prevent a screensaver engaging e.g. by simulating some sort of activity on
> the computer.
>
> Our IT department has installed security screensavers which start after a
> ridiculously short period of inactivity and are driving us all nuts as one
> has to log in from scratch to get back in!
>
> Thanks.

Get a metronome and put your mouse on it... or get a cat.

If it's Windows you are talking about, try putting defrag or scandisk on
your desktop. Let such a process have a spin every time you leave your
desk. I think this might work. It depends on what is defined to be
inactivity... in that software the IT guys installed.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com