Re: LifeDrive or Expansion card or "Upgraded LifeDrive"

  • Subject: Re: LifeDrive or Expansion card or "Upgraded LifeDrive"
  • From: AaronJ <noemail@noemail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:52:59 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>> i m a current user of Sony Clie TJ37, is thinking between getting a
>> lifedrive or getting a (512MB/1GB) memory stick pro.

>The next LifeDrive is unlikely to come out very soon as it came out very
>recently.

Do you suppose that the LifeDrive will have hard drive creep like the mp3
jukeboxes? I think the Creative Zen Xtra went from a 20GB to a 60GB hard drive
in a relatively short period.

>A memory stick will be much cheaper than the LifeDrive and your PDA
>will be smaller and lighter. I would go for the stick...

If you do decide on the stick, and are tempted at 2GB, be careful as Palms made
before the Zire72 can't use a 2GB or larger card. Sony may be the same.