Re: is palm OS dying?

  • Subject: Re: is palm OS dying?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:46:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
RonB wrote:

> On Sat 11 Jun 2005 08:45:05p, Roy Schestowitz, wrote:
>
>> Pocket PC's are heavy, large, and slow.
>
> And they run on M$ crap.

I was trying to be impartial. I guess I could live with Windows, but I
loathe the thought that Microsoft have gained _yet another_ lock-in source:
mobile devices.

I sometimes wonder why everyone is enslaved to this minor platform. iPods,
for example will work under Windows, but will Microsoft integrate their
products with the Mac? Or Linux?

When Microsoft allow developers to compile their code (e.g. in Visual Basic)
for other platform, my opinion might become milder.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com