Re: webmasterworld once again

  • Subject: Re: webmasterworld once again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:55:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Borek wrote:

> Cache is a beautiful thing.
>
> I was tracing Bourbon update thread on webmasterworld.
> At some point (about 2 p.m. here) some messages dissapeared.
> This one between them:
>
> ***************************
>> Really.
>
> Suppose I open a restaurant. Should I open another one in
> case that one doesn't make it? Same for shoe store, department
> store, WEB SITE.<
>
> Good morning
>
> In real life nobody will close down your restaurant for no
> reasons. Health authorities might do that but they will tell
> you exactly why and you get more than a second chance to
> correct things.
>
> Not the case with Google updates, unfortunately. Actually these
> killer updates leaving us no many choices but to think ways
> (also untraditional ethical ways) to survive.
> ****************************
>
> Some other deleted messages could be treated as offensive
> (I wasn't offensed, but that's a personal attitude). This
> one is in no way offensive. IMHO if it was deleted webmasterworld
> is not a credible place to discuss problems with Google.

only 'accidents' may be Webmasterworld moderators whose opinions badly
reflect on their employer.

The post above does not reveal anything about a method, neither does it
promote hatred. However, I also should point out that people whose income
depends on search engines have lost contact with a simpler reality. Search
engines are not out there to pass customers to a business. Their customers
are people who aspire to find the most relevant sites/pages. That is the
only way for them to successfully compete with other search engines and
survive.

If Google made a mistake by giving up on your site (I am a Bourbon victim
myself), don't attempt to blame it. Call it bad luck or incompatibility
with an algorithm.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com