Re: webmasterworld once again

John Bokma wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I said that messages do not get deleted by accident. You have just
>> said aye to that. In very large forums, there have to exist more than
>> a single moderator/administrator. Sometimes the minds of the
>> moderators are not aligned and I assume this can happen in
>> Webmasterworld as well. Then again, it is the moderators who shape the
>> forums so Webmasterworld can be justifiably blamed.
>
> Normally mods like deleting a post should be agreed up on by all mods
> unless it's obvious. Or at least that's how a board I know works.

If it was a common and simple installation, the answer would probably have
been simple. Large sites can afford to extend their content 'engines'. It
seems to be a self-tailored package whose roots could have been another
bulletin board systems (maybe a highly-hacked-on phpBB from ages ago). Have
a look at the footer and follow the link. It seems as if WMW are now
selling their engine (notice the dot com). They call it BestBBS.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com