> Really sold on the LifeDrive. Plan on getting one soon. Having never owned
> a PDA, can anyone give me good reason to go with a Windows Mobile device,
> like an IPAQ, rather than the awesome lifdrive?? Software?? Quirks??
A LifeDrive has its pros:
- Valuable to those in need of high volume of storage, most commonly for
- Reliable, stable operating system, i.e. rarely needs a reset
- Instant access to applications (assuming you put them in memory) and a
very responsive interface. A wise guy once said "in WinCE the user waits
for the device, with Palm the device waits for the user".
- Overall simplicity
- A wide range of free applications
- Interoperability, e.g. will you use a Mac or Linux box in the future?
A 'mini-Windows' PDA has its pros too:
- As many people use Windows (I will not go into the argument of whether it
is wise or not), the Mobile PC environment offers a softer transition,
- High-resolution screens (VGA), which are available with some of the
- Price is sometimes tempting
- Media integration, movies in particular, is sometimes superior
Roy S. Schestowitz