Re: God takes care of His own - at Wimbledon

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
altheim wrote:

As you are sure to know, if you are reading this in the UK,
we are nearing the end of Wimbledon fortnight (that is tennis
to US ignoramusses) and today (Tuesday) was the Ladies
quarter finals. Among the qualifiers was Venus Williams
(Serena was knocked out earlier in the tournament). During
a break, one of the BBC presenters interviewed Richard
Williams, Venus's father. He remarked that tennis was not
the most important thing in the Williams household (yeah right).
"What is the most important thing then"?, the interviewer asked.

"God, Jehova is No. 1"

If an English person said that s/he'd get funny looks.

I am not entirely sure that's true. If someone said that to me, I would
definitely not mind. So why would a more observant person respond with a
funny look?

In this particular case I might say "whatever rocks your boat". The response
is different, however, depending on the context. God as a tennis supporter
is not a God for guidance in a warzone.

I don't know, I would think anyone who said that a bit odd