Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

  • Subject: Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?
  • From: "Andrew Kar" <akar3d@yahoo.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:49:23 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:34:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

agree with Leonardo on this. I think that while shortcuts are accessible
from control-center, they are not flexible enough. As well as these, I run
xbindkeys to handle individual applications. I would love to be able to
configure something simple for minimise and close.
If you find a solution, will you please let us know?

Damn! Does this mean I have to get serious??? Its just not in my nature you know.. They dont call me akar th' 'orrible for nothing.

Go to Control Centre / Regional & Accessability / Keyboard Shortcuts
There on the first Tab (Global Shortcuts) of the first TAB (Shortcut Schemes)

There you can configure all window ops. Close is already bound to alt-F4 but you can change it to what you like. I have minimise bound to alt-shift-m

As to mixing keyboard and mouse buttons, Lionel should search on using 7 button mice. The info pertaining to that is the same as he needs to do something like alt-shift-button3 to minimise.

I would go the simpler way and use khotkeys with a Gesture(Keyboard Input simple) and make it something like button 2 (in global) horizontal slash to send the alt-f4 to close a window or vertical slash to minimise with alt-shift-m (in my case)

-- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/