Re: search engine

  • Subject: Re: search engine
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:52:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
hairy colleague wrote:

> hi all
> we need a site wide search engine [no ads] for a small site <100 pages
> not sure where to start.....would be gratefull for some tips or urls
> it is for a community based indigenous art gallery
> tnx in advance
>
> relloman

Try PhpDig (http://www.phpdig.net/) or ht://Dig (http://www.htdig.org/). I
don't think any of them does the job as well as Google site search (in fact
I am pretty convinced that this is the case), but they at lease handle
content without exposing it to the outside world.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com