Re: Kmail 1.8 does not see my local folders

  • Subject: Re: Kmail 1.8 does not see my local folders
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:23:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Amund wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Amund wrote:
>>
>>> I just upgraded to KDE 3.4.0-0.rc1
>>>
>>> Kmail does not see my local folders after the upgrade.
>>>
>>> But the folders seems to be on the disk:
>>>
>>> $ ls ~/.Mail
>>> Calendar/     inbox/      Journal/      Mobilsvar/  sent-mail/    trash/
>>> Contacts/     Ingers.mbx  Junkabon.mbx  Notes/      Sn.mbx
>>> Trash.mbx
>>> drafts/       In.mbx      Kenya/        outbox/     Tasks/
>>> Video.mbx
>>> Frilufts.mbx  ISP.mbx     Lisenser.mbx  Out.mbx     Tekniske.mbx  Yahoo/
>>
>> In KMail -> Settings -> Configure, under Folders, have you made sure that
>> 'By default, messages on disk are' is set appropriately? If not, then
>> quite possibly your should expect the behaviour that you describe.
>>
>> Roy
>>

> My folders are stored under ~/.Mail.
> It seems like kmail 1.8 ignores my old local folders, and it creates some
> new folders under ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.
>
> Under Settings -> Configure Kmail, i find no place to select the location
> of the local folders.
>
> Amund

What happens if you (make back-ups first!) remove
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/ and then graft ~/.Mail as is to
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/ and rename ".Mail" to "mail"? When KMail is
opened, you may expect a pleasant surprise. Assuming this might work, the
only question remains: does any other application make use of  ~/.Mail,
e.g. a second mail client?

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com