Re: google suggestios dilemma

  • Subject: Re: google suggestios dilemma
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:31:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Sambo wrote:

> if i search for "bass" in google suggestion:
> http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&complete=1
>
> the results of word "bass" have been counted for all the time the users
> have digit that word and nothing else or the results are combined with
> also all the other results that contain the word bass, like :
> bass tabs
> bass pro
> etc.. etc...
>
> thansk bye
> Sambo

What is the dilemma? I think it is far better than including tokens like
'bassoon'. Google Suggest is probably good when:

-You are unsure about spelling
-You search for narrow and distinguishable terms like the surnames and
locations
-You need a vote on something, e.g. what is more common: 'behaviour' or
'behavior'?

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com