firefox, MP3, & wim media player

  • Subject: firefox, MP3, & wim media player
  • From: ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:47:20 -0800
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
I run a small 11 KB MP3 file of arnold saying "hasta la vista baby" on the
logout page (php page) of an online game I run (Blacknova traders).  I am
just wondering why when in firefox, it  will not play it (I have Windows
Media Player selected to play MP3s, WAVs , and MIDI files).

Is this microsoft purposely doing this or what is it?

It is a simple HTML code used: <bgsound src="hasta.mp3" />

Of course I know in several cases Firefox and netscape have special needs
in coding for scripts. Like a javascript slideshow I use on a page.  So is
there a  special little way firefox needs inline sound coded perhaps?

No darn wonder firefox is so security resistent - it cannot do half of the
stuff it should..  Firefox - conform, dammit!!.  even just placing a
day/date/month javascript on a page and firefox displays a line lower down
than IE. does.  Same with the slideshow. even with the whole added script
just for it, it still displays the slide show window lower down on the
page than I.E,.  crap firefox... what a hassle..

           ...D.