Re: Limit on X-Session Instances?

  • Subject: Re: Limit on X-Session Instances?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:07:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
palepaul5 wrote:

> I'm not sure if this answers your question, but if you start in
> graphical mode, press "Ctrl + Alt + F1" to get to a login prompt. login
> then execute "startx -- :1"
> now "Ctrl + Alt + F8"
> You can do this trick with F7 through to F12 as all hold X-sessions.
> H.T.H.
> (Y) PJF };-)

Thanks for that. I do this type of thing whenever I want to restart X.
However, I cannot imagine it is helpful because as soon as I "Ctrl + Alt +
F7" my way back to the current session, nothing will change in terms of the
state of processes. I only restart X when screen 2 dies, which happens
quite often.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com