Re: Req:Palm On switch lock

  • Subject: Re: Req:Palm On switch lock
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:12:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
Stormbringer wrote:

> I have a Zire 71 and it does not have the Keylock option (I looked in
> Preferences)
> I have set Set Auto off  to 30 seconds,  But I really wanted to prevent
> the device from unnecessarily switching on.
>
> Stormbringer

the worst you can do is worry about it. I thought about it deeply and came
to the conclusion that nothing will change as long as the Graffiti region
is covered. The battery will go flat either because of auto-off being
enabled.

With the Tungsten, a hard plastic cover is shipped in the box. It locks the
keys too, but it's a real nuisance to strip and refit so it ended up in my
drawer after the first few days.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com