Re: How to load a picture onto my Palm m515?

  • Subject: Re: How to load a picture onto my Palm m515?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 05:00:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops
Jack Fu wrote:

> I'm a Palm newbie. I just bought a used m515 and love it. However, I
> cannot move a picture to the Palm or the card. The picture is a .jpg, 537
> KB. I know hotsync works because I have been able to hotsync addresses,
> etc. But I just can't see the image on my Palm. If I select "Card Info" on
> my Palm, it shows that I have 1 item in my Image Directory, 102.7 KB. I
> guess from this that the hotsync reduced the size of the picture. BUT: how
> do I see it on my Palm?
>
> Many thanks for your help!

With older models such as the m515 (I had an m130), I believe you must have
an image viewer installed. I had an application for doing this among the
original software bundle (browse the CD as an image viewer is not installed
by default).

Once installed, you should have a PC-side front-end where you can 'drop'
items like pictures or videos, then choose their modified size and view
them on your Palm after synchronisation.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com