Re: Replace data on new T5?

  • Subject: Re: Replace data on new T5?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 03:38:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Jim Anderson wrote:

> In article <MPG.1cffb5cca85c42ad98987c@news-server.nyc.rr.com>,
> none@nospam.com says...
>
>> I just lost my Palm T5.
>>
>> If I purchase a new one - same model, will I just be able to synch with
>> my computer and will everything be replaced?
>>
>> Or, will I have to install each program I'm using as if I were indeed
>> beginning again?
>>
>> And, if I have to reinstall, will I end up with a mess on my computer
>> which will then have two sets of data?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Charge it.
> Sync it.

Yes, it's one of these wonderfully simple processes.

When I lost my hard-drive, I was able to pass my data in its entirety to a
new (work) machine while a new hard-drive was on its way. Likewise, when I
upgraded from one Palm model to the other, I was able to  synchronise with
the older Palm Desktop installation and fetch all the data.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com