Re: Lucky Mojo (Formerly "What happened to...")

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [catherine yronwode] on Wednesday 02 November 2005 05:41 \__

> > None of these algo fluffings seem to affect my site anymore. I
> > suspect it's because, as Dave said, i've been online so long,
> > since BG (Before Google).
>
> All sites which I know have been badly affected throughout the
> update are relatively new.

This is Dave's theory, and it does seem to ring true -- for the last
time an algo shift hit my sites hard was ... hmm... about 3 years
ago. Now the most "bounce" i see is up one, down one in the top 5 --
on hundreds of what Dave calls "easy serps."

Note that i am not a Dave groupie or anything -- it's just that his
(and Guy Macon's) theories describe my experiences more accurately
than others' theories do.

[...]

> > If i build 8 billion pages ... can i finally take a nap?
>
> No, 6 billion is enough. One for each person in the world. *smile*

Well, we'll have to get some effective form of birth control in play
on those people or by the time i get the 6 billion pages written
there WILL be 8 billion people. :-)

> Nice site.

Thanks.

> http://www.cached.it/english/get-url/luckymojo.com.html
>
> I see a lot of repeated "sex" in the meta. *LOL*

Oh, yes, i haven't changed any of that stuff since the days of alta
vista, when meta tags were important.

Cordially,

cat yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Co. http://www.luckymojo.com/catalogue