Re: Suing Dell --Any Consumer Rights?

__/ [lqualig@xxxxxxxxx] on Sunday 06 November 2005 03:39 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [Robert Newson] on Saturday 05 November 2005 23:01 \__

>> There were people on both sides. That's why the thread developed.

>> Who is responsible for leaving those door open? If a driver is involved in
>> a car accident and the seatbelt breaks loose leading to death, do you
>> blame the driver for getting involved in the accident? Do you investigate
>> what caused the seatbelt to break loose?
>

> How about a different analogy. A killer uses a knife/chain-saw/axe to
> kill someone. Do you blame the murderer or the company that
> manufactured the chain-saw?
>
> Or somebody breaks into my house. Do I blame the intruder or the window
> company because the glass wasn't hammer proof?

A  knife is intended to cut, much like a chain-saw or an axe. An opertaing
system,  on the other hand is /intended/ to provide the user with a secure
working  environment.  If it fails to do so, it's a disaster.  When  locks
could be opened with a Bic pen (real world example), the company was bound
to get in deep s**t. I will no longer carry on with this idiotic discussion,
even if you post a follow-up.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
  4:55am  up 3 days  0:53,  5 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.71, 0.55