Re: IP Address by URL

__/ [Stacey] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 00:09 \__

> "John Cluster" <John_Cluster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> How can I determine an IP address for a particular URL? -- Thx!
>
> http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html run this spider on the web site, you
> will get robot.txt info and IP, plus more info about the site.
>
> Stacey

I happen to have used the following tools for several years:

http://cgibin.erols.com/ziring/cgi-bin/nsgate/gate.pl

Stacey's tool is richer though. (no pun was intended when I wrote this, but I
would have changed the phrasing)

I have had a look at another tool, which can do far more (at the expense of
speed):

http://www.cached.it/english/get-url/example.org.html

Replace 'example.org'

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
  5:40am  up 5 days  1:38,  6 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.35, 0.34