Re: You Have to Try This on Google

__/ [John Bokma] on Friday 18 November 2005 22:00 \__

>> I foresee entanglements...
>
> They are already there, for long. Google's core business is information
> management.
>
>> All  information  will soon be available in dozens of  Linux
>> datacentres, which  is a bit scary.
>
> Why? I am convinced that it's way more secure in their datacentre compared
> to your or my home.

True. It's more regularly backed up and it is highly secured, physically.

>> Think of the amount of mail these
>> datacentres  have accumulated  over  time. If AJAX office suites
>> became a reality, then  all your bases will definitely belong to
>> Google. Google Wallet, anyone?
>
> And there is more to come.

Yes, I know. If you think about the controversy Google Print has sparked, and
assuming that the worst is yet to come, one becomes apprehensive. I have
just linked to an article from the Register.

>> I foresee exposure...
>
> I think Google is on the very top of keeping the data as secure as
> possible. It's their core business, remember?

I sure hope so....

  http://tinyurl.com/9lbgw

  http://www.elhacker.net/gmailbug/english_version.htm

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
  5:50am  up 16 days  1:44,  6 users,  load average: 1.60, 1.06, 0.86