Re: You Have to Try This on Google

  • Subject: Re: You Have to Try This on Google
  • From: John Bokma <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 19 Nov 2005 12:22:03 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines

> Exactly.  If someone crashed a plane into skyscrapers and also had a
> GMail account, do you really think that the FBI would avoid
> penetrating datacen- tres in order to identify accomplices?

They probably already *have* the data. I mean, I see no https connection
when I connect to Gmail.

> Surfaces  are  not  truly flat and also the resolution is coarse  as
> data comes  from satellites. Will Google deploy some surveillence
> cameras  too? It  is,  after  all,  a "cool idea". Find your favourite
>  spot  in  Google Maps/Earth;  then,  have a look at some live cameras
> in the area. If  that does  not  worry you, I don't know what would.

Why would it worry me? Someone with a tiny camera in his clothes can do
the same, and probably more (follow me in buildings, etc.).

> With perverts and  stalkers out there, that's the last thing humanity
> needs.

Ah, yeah, perverts and stalkers are sitting behind the computer drooling
at a streetcam.

Or are they *out* on the street? If you worry about Google, worry about
how small cameras are at the moment...

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                                             or have them custom made