Re: Zire 72s digitizer

__/ [Ralph M. Hergert Jr.] on Monday 21 November 2005 15:42 \__

> I've had my Zire 72s for more than two years -- it's a great machine.
> But now:  the digitizer seems to be wacked out.  Way too often, when I
> am writing on the alpha side, I'll get a string of periods (some other
> character)  instead of what I'm writing.
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Will Palm pay attention to this
> concern?  Is there a way to replace the digitizer (that isn't more
> expensive or annoying) other than buying a new one?

This one would have suited an old model from the M100 series.

http://tinyurl.com/8bl7m

There must be some units available for the Zire as well, but as you can see
it requires soldering and is not quite so cheap if you include shipping
costs.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
  4:20pm  up 18 days 12:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.75, 1.30, 1.00