Re: Google duo's new jet is a Boeing 767-200

__/ [www.1-script.com] on Tuesday 22 November 2005 06:38 \__

> Have you guys seen this (already two-weeks old) announcement published in
> this group? If so, I must have missed it and could not resist to let it
> out.
>
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05308/600836.stm
>
> Note a fine detail: the airliner is used (of Quantas Airways fleet
> supposedly) and is a great deal for the money. No-nonsense guys, like
> usual.

This one was big (highly-cited) in September:

http://www.siliconbeat.com/entries/2005/09/09/my_jets_pretty_big_how_big_is_yours.html

Full quote (it's quite succinct):

"Every Silicon Valley tech giant has to have his jet. Google co-founders
Sergey Brin and Larry Page have settled on a Boeing 767 as their personal
jet, and it's currently down in Dallas getting interior work done, or at
least that's according to Jeff Nolan, over at SAP Ventures, who told us that
he'd bumped into a guy in the aviation industry who said as much. In April,
we reported that Chief Executive Schmidt sold his ownership interest in his
jet, which he had owned for several years and let the company use for
business trips. In February, he purchased another jet, and the Google board
agreed to reimburse him $7,000 an hour for its use."

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  6:55am  up 19 days  2:49,  6 users,  load average: 4.03, 3.69, 3.23