Re: Minimize all windows?

  • Subject: Re: Minimize all windows?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:23:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [houghi] on Tuesday 22 November 2005 12:05 \__

> James Knott wrote:
>> houghi wrote:
>>
>>> Only by guessing you were a KDE user.
>>>

>> You mean there are SUSE users who aren't KDE users???  ;-)
>>

> LOL. What I notice is that a lot of people want to get away of Microsoft,
> because they force us to all use the same software and then come over to
> Linux and try to get people all use the same software and the same
> windowmanager and choose the one that resembles most what they wanted to
> leave behind.
>
> I am not sure wether that is sad or funny.

I must say that I found /GNOME/ to be to have more resemblance to Windows. I
am not talking just about the visuals, but also about the look-and-feel
behaviour, which is there by default. It has the flavour of the stripped
down version of Windows XP or Windows 2000 and earlier versions of Windows.

In fact, I come across KDE users who try to get a Mac OS X lookalike, whether
under GNOME or on KDE. Windows has not been the O/S to imitate or pine for
in a while. I personally have something that is reminiscent of Jaguar under
Ubuntu. The wallpaper even bears the Apple logo. Even Thunderbird and
Firefox are Aqua/Brushed Metal.