Re: Which Budget Laptop: Acer, HP, Fujitsu, Toshiba ??

MS <matthews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > From not-so-comprehensive experience with clients:
> > 1. HP Compaq NX6110 (mainly because is is HP)...
> Many thanks for your helpful reply. I'd put the HP high on the basis
> of the 'Compaq' reputation.

I wouldn't put anything on that.  These cheap machines are exactly
that, cheap, I guess they're good value, but they're not the kind of
heavy duty stuff you might remember HP or Compaq making in the previous
century.

> All Dells --despite being competetive-- were never considered on the
> basis of the terrible treatment I received from them

Yeah, we used Dell stuff at my last job and the hardware seemed good,
but I never forgave them for spamming me to death with printed catalogs
years ago and not stopping no matter how much I asked them.  It caused
me considerable hassle.