Re: PR4 Forum downgraded to PR0 !

__/ [www.1-script.com] on Wednesday 23 November 2005 19:11 \__

> scientia@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> About PR0: I don't mean my websites (they are still PR4...),
>> I mean the Forums they are interlinked to my websites:
>> they are PR0 at this time but they used to be PR3 or PR4.

What you describe is not as unsusual as youn may imagine.

>> The problem is about webpages (from my 2 websites) that
>> link to those forums: their position dropped drastically for
>> important keywords (especially one specific webpage for
>> one specific keyword, that means a remarkable loss of traffic).

Almost  every month, at least in my particular case, dominant keyword make
drastic  transitions. Some merely disappear and some appear out of nowhere
without  obvious  reasons. You might need to rely on other  keywords  that
will sooner or later re-surface in the logs.

> It looks like you have identified the problem, so you are already half way
> through  to fixing it. Forums are prone to all kinds of abuses and they
> may have been overloaded with spam lately, which prompted Google to remove
> from index or otherwise penalize them, and, consequently, your site got
> hit as one that links to the bad sites. If you  have to have the links to
> those forums, hide them behind JavaScript.

That's very interesting. I never realised it, but I can see what you mean.
With  all  of  these phpBB abuses like automatic subscription  with  URL's
pointing to 'natural remedies' (often volatile sites for 'volatile' people),
that can't be good for business, right?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
  2:45pm  up 21 days 10:39,  4 users,  load average: 1.15, 0.74, 0.60