Re: Acer Aspire 9504WSMi

  • Subject: Re: Acer Aspire 9504WSMi
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 05:14:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
__/ [Dennis Pogson] on Thursday 24 November 2005 12:33 \__

>> "Dennis Pogson" <dennis_nospampogson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I am sure you will have other uses for the laptop, but if all you
>>> wanted to
>>> do was  transfer VHS to DVD, there are much cheaper and infinitely
>>> better alternatives in the shops.
>>>
>>> Dennis.
>>
> XL5 wrote:
>>
>> Hi, thanks for the reply  Dennis, yes the laptop is for me and my
>> other uses but i was just wondering if i could do the vhs to dvd
>> tranfer
>> with this type of laptop.
>>
> Aldi are doing a high-speed DVD creator TODAY for £29.99. Burns direct from
> your VHS player to your PC. Worth a look!

I have heard about these appliances, I think. They are very task-intensive
and can be both cheaper and less dependable. With everything embedded, you
can still use your computer without it serving as a multi-function
workstation.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:10am  up 22 days  1:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.50, 0.62