Re: stop image popup toolbar in IE?

  • Subject: Re: stop image popup toolbar in IE?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:50:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Arne] on Wednesday 23 November 2005 23:01 \__

> Once upon a time *Mark Parnell* wrote:
>
>> In our last episode, <ukr_bend@xxxxxxxxx> pronounced to alt.html:
>>
>>>   I'm trying to find a way to stop the IE6 habit of poping up the
>>> toolbar
>>> banner (save, print,email, open)
>>
>> Tools>Internet Options>Advanced. Under "Multimedia", untick "Enable
>> Image Toolbar (requires restart)".
>>
>>> when the user hovers over an image in
>>> my webpage.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>>> Is there a way to encode this in the html to stop this behaviour?
>>
>> Els has already given you the code for it, but reconsider your motives
>> for doing so. It is expected behaviour for your user, and may
>> confuse/annoy them if it doesn't display.
>>

> You assume they don't know how to save, print, email or open anything
> without that little "helper"? :)

That's what the context menu is for. If one can't handle the alternate mouse
button or the context menu button (reserved on most keyboards), a Mac is
much needed.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
  8:45am  up 22 days  4:39,  5 users,  load average: 1.83, 1.86, 1.42