Re: Microsoft Does It Again - Another "Winner"

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Does It Again - Another "Winner"
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Nov 2005 13:48:05 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [Kleuskes & Moos] on Friday 25 November 2005 00:54 \__
>

> > Paul Hovnanian P.E. schreef:

> >> How long will it be until Linux is ported to the X Box?
> >
> > It has been ported to the XBox. This is the X360...
> >
> > It'll be a month or six, I think, if the hardware is stable, keep an
> > eye on Slashdot.
>
> What  would  ever be the point of the port? Paying Microsoft for  hardware
> that  runs Linux? When I come to think of it, Microsoft tolerate losses on
> the X360 in hopes of making up for it through game sales.

We have an original XBox and Linux has been available for it for quite
some time:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page

Not sure why? But somebody did it and I'm pretty sure there are some
various "projects" for Linux on the original XBox as well. I remember
seeing a site somewhere where some guy created an entire cluster of
computers using XBoxes.