Re: Microsoft Does It Again - Another "Winner"

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Does It Again - Another "Winner"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:53:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Kleuskes & Moos] on Friday 25 November 2005 00:54 \__

> Paul Hovnanian P.E. schreef:
>
>> -rwxrw-r-- wrote:
>> >
>> > Geez, the Wintards after lining up to get the new Three Shitty haven't
>> > had it in their hands over 24 hours and have these glowing reports ...
>> >
>> > http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=462099
>> >
>> > http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=462236
>> >
>> > http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=461074&st=0
>> >
>> > What o/s does the Three Shitty use? Is it ME or X-Pee?
>>
>> How long will it be until Linux is ported to the X Box?
>
> It has been ported to the XBox. This is the X360...
>
> It'll be a month or six, I think, if the hardware is stable, keep an
> eye on Slashdot.

What  would  ever be the point of the port? Paying Microsoft for  hardware
that  runs Linux? When I come to think of it, Microsoft tolerate losses on
the X360 in hopes of making up for it through game sales.

http://businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2005/tc20051122_410710.htm

Think about it...

Linux Nirvana and Microsoft budget drains at the same time...

Suits me well and makes Linux an even more enjoyable ride...

Ironically, Microsoft distribute decent hardware (made elsewhere, then re-
labelled),  but they have never written decent code. Yet, they continue to
be called Microsoft and not Microhard. If Microsoft was humanised, I guess
it  wouldn't last in bed for very long (not with its floppies support any-
way). To make matters worse, it will end up catching a virus and die.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside
 10:45am  up 22 days  6:39,  5 users,  load average: 1.49, 1.24, 0.88