Re: Anchor text strategy

__/ [mark | r] on Monday 28 November 2005 09:15 \__

>> __/ [Michael Sattler] on Monday 28 November 2005 08:33 \__
>>
>> <SNIP>
>> > Let's suppose, you'd want to submit your site to 100 web directories.
>> > Which ratio of the following possibilities would you favour?
>> >
>> > - main keyword / keyphrase only
>> > - company name / official website title only
>> > - domain name only
>> > - domain name + main keyword/keyphrase
>> > - company name + main keyword/keyphrase
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Don't  forget to diversity the anchor texts, making slight variations that
>> make it all appear less automated.
>
> what a load of pish, if my companies called xyz and all anchor links link
> to xyz then is this unnatural - i dont think so
>
> same applies for keywords, in fact i propose that if all anchor links are
> identical it should increase your relevancy

Assuming  that anchor text is very unifromal, this will strengthen  SERP's
that  are  directly aimed for (maybe granting a #1 spot), but it may  also
make the set of productive SERP's narrower. If your company is called 'x y
z',  but you also have anchor texts 'x y w' and 'v y z', then you will  be
perceived  as relevant for SERP's that were otherwise uncalled for. It's a
strength/breadth ratio.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  9:25am  up   9:09,  4 users,  load average: 1.46, 1.64, 1.35