Re: Windows needs Microsoft to Defend Itself

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:16:44 +0100
<dighjs$a2n$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Now, is that not pathetic?
>
>   http://tinyurl.com/cle69
>
> When something is so terribly wrong, you come up with an entirely new
> product which is a merely patch to cover up for code spaghetti.
>
> As I get past some offices, I see hours being spent on spyware scans and
> sanitation. It's no smiling matter when you see people sob, often
> requesting your help.
>
> Roy

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=87962E8E-29BD-41C3-BCDB-C61F4CCAF1C0

Interesting and worrisome.  A logical move by Microsoft,
in some respects, but worrisome all the same.

Of course if Linux wins all desktops (an unlikely occurrence
but weirdness has happened before), Symantec may very well go
out of that business, as they'd no longer be really all that
necessary.  Then again, it depends on what the consumer
wants; there's a line between convenience and security, and
it's possible a lot of people would prefer leaving the front
door unlocked, as it's more convenient.

Of course, given the current environment I'd prefer a very strong
doorlock... :-)

We shall see how far the EC gets.  The US DoJ hasn't gotten all
that far, unless I've missed a massive fine payout...?

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's still legal to go .sigless.