[Rant] Even SuSE Cannot Save Me

How can ever one ever defend operating system zeal?

Today I had my mind served with an answer. Windows CD out of the box is a
weapon. It is not a weapon against Linux or Mac in particular, but against
the entire world -- against any connected machine, that is. Let us face it:
with so many security loopholes, processes can be injected or machine
hijacked to then:

* Attack sites
* scan ports of connected machines
* Attempt to capture other computers

Operating systems other than Windows are inclined to suffer from the first
two. And guess what? They do. /I/ do. At this moment, my site gets hammered
by hijacked Windows machine every second. This puts my entire Web host in
jeopardy and had me stay up all night looking at logs and manually
filtering traffic. This damages my work, my career, turns away my visitors
and ends up as a huge mental nuisance.

The motive of the attack is the penetration via referrer spam. Yet again,
Microsoft's problems lead to rise in spam and affect my 100% Windows-free
life.