Alexa Monkey Business

I have just found in my logs a request for one hidden file. That request was
/not/ from an IP address that is mine. Made me very worried...

I then proceeded to reverse DNS lookup and guess what? The Alexa/Amazon/A9
toolbars are not only keeping track of traffic, but also retain URL's of
pages that you visit and /use/ them, i.e. visit them and maybe crawling
them. Knowing that the Web Archive, AKA Time Machine belongs to Alexa, this
is scary at the least. These visits from Alexa might include hidden page
that you may have on your fileserver and occasionally access. Handle with
care!